Represented by Alexandre Cattier
The Cattier family has tended vines in the village of Chigny-lès-Roses since 1763, and the house has been producing champagne since 1918. It was developed and expanded by Jean Cattier in the mid-20th century, most notably by the acquisition in 1951 of the Clos du Moulin, allowing Cattier to create one of Champagne’s most celebrated single-vineyard wines. Today, the house is in the hands of Jean’s son, Jean-Jacques Cattier.
The house owns 31 hectares of vines, all in the central Montagne de Reims in the immediate vicinity of Chigny-les-Roses: besides Chigny, there are holdings in Ludes, Rilly-la-Montagne and Taissy. Cattier is committed to environmentally sustainable viticulture, and the house belongs to a group called Ampelos, who certifies and controls sustainable vineyard practices and whose members also include Vilmart & Cie., René Geoffroy and Robert Charlemagne. To supplement their own vineyard holdings, Cattier also purchases grapes from other areas in the Champagne region.
Information courtesy of Peter Liem's ChampagneGuide.net ©